Our results are in!
More than 2,500 colleagues filled in the survey and shared their honest views with some great results in categories for equality and diversity, how our managers support us and our 95% appraisal rate..
Director of Workforce and Organisational Development, Suzanne Dunkley said “It was fantastic that more than 2500 colleagues took part this year and we maintained our engagement score, especially given the survey landed at a time when we saw increased pressures on all our services.
“I’d like to thank each and every colleague who replied for taking the time to fill in their survey, giving their honest views, which will allow us to help make things even better for colleagues to work here.
“These responses, alongside day-to-day feedback and our tea trolley rounds feedback helps to further develop One Culture of Care, and therefore deliver outstanding compassionate care for the communities we serve. The staff survey is an opportunity to shout about everything you are proud of at CHFT, as well as sharing areas for improvement”.
So what did colleagues say they were CHuFT about this year?
- We scored better than other similar trusts in having an environment that is equal, diverse and inclusive
- Support, clear feedback and help from immediate managers has improved even further since last year (we’ve been steadily improving since 2015)
- 95% of colleagues reported they’d had an appraisal, which is brilliant as other similar trusts reported an average of 87%
Colleagues also said that things could be better in the following areas:
- They want us to get better at team working and involving each other in decisions that affect our work
- We need to improve our training, learning and development opportunities for all
- We also need to get better how we include feedback from our patients in our work
A Trust-wide plan of action is now in place, as we know that feedback from some areas was not as positives as others.
We’ll be having a real focus on new training offerings, targeted communications and engagement activities.
To support our One Culture of Care approach which is all about looking after each other so we can look after our patients, we’ll also be holding listening clinics and back to the floor visits with senior managers.
Additionally each division will be taking responsibility for driving improvements within their teams based on the results.
Make sure that you get involved in these improvements so that you can shout about them in the next Staff survey, launching early September 2020.
To share more things you are CHuFT about, you can use the CHuFT to bits portal on the intranet – simply follow the purple party popper button on the right-hand side of the homepage or click here.
You’ll find Staff Surveys in The Cupboard under our Colleague Engagement recipe card.